Monday, April 20, 2015

The Liebster Awards... My First Nomination!!

Hi Everyone!  This post is a bit different.  My friend and fellow blogger Sandy has nominated me to answer some questions.  It's a wonderful way to get to know more about your fellow bloggers.  Thank you so much Sandy!! And if you want to check out her totally awesome blog about her journeys, here is her address www.sandylitcher.blogspot.com .


Here are the questions Sandy gave me:
1. What is your all time favorite show or movie?
My all-time favorite show is a newly discovered one for me and it's Parenthood, hands-down.  I am a regular Netflix junkie, and I have watched A TON of shows, but NEVER has a show hit so close to home.  I laugh, I cry, and I feel like the whole Braverman family could be a part of my life.  Maybe it's because I never had that family-dynamic, but either way the show is well-done!  I chose a show because there is NO way I could have picked one movie.  Impossible.
2. What is your favorite season or holiday to decorate for?
Christmas. No questions asked.  I go ALL out!!!  Hand-made garland, little white lights, a huge tree, a village, carolers, it's like national Lampoon at our house, and I love it!!!
3. If you could give up one responsibility, in your life, what would it be?
Without question, Finances.  I suck at them, they are such a burden, and I hate it. Period.
4. If you had a day all to yourself, what would you do?
I would go to the beach. ALONE. With cucumber water and my kindle.  I would stay until sun-set and not have to worry about a thing.   It would be magical.
5. If you had an extra $1000 and no bills, how would you spend it?
I would take my kids on a vacation to the "beach in Florida" like they have been begging me to so.  Someday my carrots, someday.
6. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I LOVE writing.  It is a creative outlet that I desperately need.  I love showing everyone my struggles, joys and adventures and I hope to meet some amazing people along the way!
7. How did you come up with your blog name?
I blog with my sister, and we wanted a title that suited both of us.  We are both super girly, but she has a country flair and I have a diva flair.  And with that, "Mascara and Mason Jars" was born
8. What is your favorite thing about you?
My spunk.  Some call it loud.  some call it funny. Some call it bitchy.  I call it ME!!!  I am full of energy and I say whats on my mind.  It has taken me a long time to reach this point of comfort in embracing who I am, and I am proud.
9. You get 3 wishes, what would you choose?
1. For my kids to be happy, healthy and genuine souls their whole lives
2. To NEVER have to worry about money again.  I'm not saying I want to be rich, and I KNOW money doesn't fix anything.  But the truth of the matter is that it's a necessity in this life and I'm sick of worrying.
3.For my kids to not have to grow up in such a crazy, scary world.
10. If you could be invisible for the day, where would you go?
This is a tough one but my gut is leaning towards going to a war-torn country to help me gain some perspective on the crazy things that are happening in this world.  Who knows, maybe I could see something that could end this madness and restore peace once again!!

I nominate Katelyn of www.mascaraandmasonjars.blogspot.com
to answer these 10 questions so our readers can get to know more about us:
We are BRAND NEW to blogging and don't follow a lot yet but that is a goal, and once we have some favorites there will be more nominations!!

1.What is your favorite childhood memory involving your siblings?
2. How has being a Mother changed your life?
3. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
4. What is your biggest weakness?
5. What do you love about blogging?
6. If you were given the opportunity to pamper yourself in any way, what would you do?
7. What scares you the most?
8. What is your favorite chore?
9. What is your favorite song of all time?
10. What do you wish for your future?

I hope everyone enjoys learning a bit more about us, and I'm off for most of the week so stay tuned for some great entries!

Until the next time Peace, Love and Caffeine.  MUAH.

1 comment:

  1. Really great answers! Thanks for the shout out! Can I just say that, I really want to be a Braverman!! I know they aren't real, but I just love that family!

    ReplyDelete