Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Endeavors and Eyebrows!!!

Happy Easter everyone!!  It's been quite a day.  My little one and I have been under the weather for the past couple of days, but we totally pulled our shit together and rocked Easter.  Thank GOD Rite-Aid is open and I was able to get cough medicine and Tylenol.  I hope everyone had a great day and was able to celebrate with their loved ones.  We went to my in-laws for an egg hunt with the carrots.(for those of you who don't know, I refer to my children solely as "the carrots" due to their ah-mazing orange hair.  Creative, I know.)

Here are some highlights:
 
Miss sicky pants wouldn't stay in the house and coughed all day!
 

Gabe in his Zen place at the brook at his grandparent's house

 
The Easter bunny is an asshole!!!  Look at the mess that creepy little bastard leaves at the door!
 
 
Okay.  Now we HAVE to move on to the next order of business.   Apparently my baby Sister and co-author/founder of this blog is having a mass amount of confusion regarding the eyebrow trend.  As her older wiser sister, I am here to shed some light on the situation.  EYEBROWS ARE SUPER IMPORTANT!!!!!!! (See why below)
 
 
 
 

  They define and accentuate your eyes and overall look polished and SPECTACULAR when groomed.  They can change the way your whole face looks. That being said, I understand Katelyn's confusion....a little bit.  I personally have super thin and somewhat light eyebrows.  It is because in 1997 I wanted to look like a hoochie and frigging NAIRED my eyebrows to achieve that PERFECT pencil-thin rainbow look.
 
Oh Pamela, how we all wanted to be you!!

 
They never effing grew back the right way.  In college I started to put clear mascara on them so they were more defined.  I'm old as shit so this was still 1999-2003 and the eyebrow trend still wasn't as huge as it is now.  It wasn't until a few years back that I started to lightly pencil them in.  It was then that my OBSESSION started.  As luck would have it the whole became obsessed as well and tutorials, photos and Pinterest pages were at the top of every search engine! Even people with naturally thick and well-shaped eyebrows are filling them in.  The reason is the beautiful, almost vintage look that it creates.   Here is my absolute FAVORITE eyebrow tutorial on the Internet.  Note how full and beautiful her brows are to start.   All of her videos are awesome.  I want to be her.  Okay, that was a little creepy.
 
Moving forward, I do NOT spend 13 minutes on my brows.  She clearly does not have children.  I also no longer use a pencil.  I use a thin, slanted brush with a brow wax to get the shape followed by a powder to fill them in.  I started with a pencil, but I think the powder looks less-harsh.  I follow this pattern:
When I'm done filling in, I always take a small concealer brush and outline my art-work with concealer to sharpen the look!  This is KEY!!
 
Here is some Photographic evidence:
I'm sick as shit and haven't slept so excuse the glassy eyes and REDIC "mom"ponytail, BUT look at my  right brow vs. my left!
 
LOOK AT THE EFFING DIFFERENCE!!!!!!
 
Ok, so we see how eyebrow definition works for me with my light/thin brows, but that still doesn't help answer the question as to why people with thick/defined brows are filling them in.   Let me shed some light.  Not many people are born with uniform eyebrows, and a little powder can really make a difference in how even they are.  I also think that the current trend of super defined brows was not limited to girls who didn't have any.  Even those with what appeared to be perfect natural brows were filling in here and there.  My video totally reaffirms this.  Her natural brows are great but her filled in ones are pin-up worthy!!
 
At the end of the day, it is all a matter of preference, but I for one am leaving my 1990's gangsta look right where it belongs.....in 1997!!!!
 
Until next time Peace, love and caffeine! (also tissues, Imodium and Tylenol)
 
**Danielle
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment